Colostrum is often referred to as “first milk”.
It is the first milk produced by all mammals (including humans) before the breast milk becomes available and is usually only present for up to 2 weeks after birth. Colostrum is incredibly dense with nutrition. It is high in carbohydrates, protein and antibodies while also being low in fat. Colostrum doesn’t look like normal breast milk, as it is generally thick and yellowy or even orange in color.
Colostrum is not species specific and is the same in every mammal.
Therefore it can provide benefits to any mammal including humans. Humans cannot produce enough colostrum for commercial production so cows’ (bovine) colostrum is used. As cows produce on average 35 litres of colostrum per calf there is ample to nourish the calf as well as leaving sufficient for commercial collection. It is very important that the colostrum is collected within a small time frame of 16 hours after birth.
First milking, 16 hour pure colostrum, produces the highest peptide content and it is the high peptide content that helps to modulate the immune function so important in fighting disease and staying healthy.
Why you should take Colostrum MAX every day.
- If you wish to have a healthy body then there is no better or more natural supplement for you than colostrum.
- Colostrum is the best natural source of antibodies to destroy and/or neutralise the pathogens that cause illness.
- Colostrum contains the best natural source of growth factors to heal and protect the gut wall.
- Colostrum is a natural source of other valuable immune factors.
- Colostrum contains a multitude of bioactive compounds that work synergistically to boost your immune system and give greater health.
Colostrum MAX and Aging
Aging can slow you down, affect health, appearance and ultimately, quality of life.
The aging process is linked to rapidly declining levels of hormones, especially Growth Hormone (GH). Production of GH in our bodies begins to decline from puberty onwards. By the time the body reaches the age of 61, the levels of GH are only 20% of the level they were at age 21.
The majority of people are beginning to exhibit signs of aging by their forties.
- Colostrum appears to work similarly to GH without the known, unsafe side effects. The biologically active growth factors in bovine colostrum are able to assist with protection against disease and the following processes:
- Stimulation of cellular and tissue growth
- Repair and reversal of the damage done by disease and the natural aging process
- Increased metabolism
- Stimulation of protein synthesis – critical for the renewal of skin and bones